Centerville-Appanoose County HBI Incentives
Finding Your Career
- Find current job listings from area employers seeking veterans.
- We’ll pay for your trip with free Gas, Food & Lodging vouchers when you come to visit for job interviews and to explore our community.
Relocating & Home Ownership
- Receive $1500 in vouchers toward a home purchase or renovating your home.
- Closing fees have been waived by participating banks.
- Receive city tax abatements for homes purchased in Centerville.
- The Water Deposit required to set up utilities is waived.
- Participating attorneys provide discounts on legal fees for home purchases.
We recognize the entrepreneurial potential in veterans and have developed incentives specifically for veterans, and their spouses, who want to start their own business.
- One Year of Free Membership in the Centerville-Rathbun Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
- Low-Interest loans from Appanoose Area Economic Development
- Discounted legal services for business start-ups
Quality of Life
- A free one-year YMCA Membership for veterans and their families
- Some of the best outdoor recreation opportunities in the Midwest (Nope, the country.)
State Wide Incentives
- Speak with us about using our local incentives along with these statewide benefits offered by the State of Iowa.
- A $5000 grant under the Military Homeownership Assistance Program.
- A reduction of $1850 in property tax assessments for homes owned by veterans.
- A 100% property tax exemption for service disabled Iowa veterans.
- State income tax exemption on military pensions.
- Up to $10,000 from the Injured Veterans Grant.
- Veteran designation on Drivers Licenses and IDs.
- Specialized Veteran license plates.
- Lifetime Hunting or Fishing License for disabled veterans for a $7.00 fee.
- Iowa Veterans Trust Fund providing financial assistance for services such as unemployment compensation, transitional housing, medical assistance, and others.
- War Orphan Tuition Assistance and Branstad/Reynolds Scholarship Fund for children of deceased service members.
- Up to $2,700 in tuition benefits for current Iowa National Guard members.
- Honorary high school diplomas for veterans that did not graduate due to entry into the armed services.
Disclaimer: The Centerville-Appanoose County Home Base Iowa Community in new way guarantees employment, housing or access to other HBI incentives, including, but not limited to Travel and Housing Vouchers. Availability for vouchers is on a first come, first served basis and are available based upon sufficient funding. Incentives offered by individuals or organizations, including, but not limited to, banks, attorneys and non-profit organizations are available based upon the internal policies of those organizations and are not guaranteed.