- The Appanoose County Historical Society is a non-profit, historical, educational corporation that manages the Appanoose County Historical and Coal-mining Museum and sponsors a variety of annual historical events.
- YMCA offers swimming, athletic and fitness facilities, and a curriculum of classes, special events, and other programs for area youth and adults.
- AEDC’s mission is to facilitate the retention, expansion, attraction, and creation of businesses and jobs, and collaboratively work to enhance the overall business climate of the county.
- The Chamber is a volunteer organization of individuals and businesses working together to advance economic growth and promote and preserve the community assets and a positive business climate.
- Explore the Chamber’s website for updates on local events.
- Main Street’s primary purpose is to establish Centerville’s historic square as an economically-viable center of commerce through organization, promotion, design and economic restructuring.
Appanoose County Schools
Annual Events Include:
- Pancake Day!
- Moravia Fall Festival
- Appanoose County Fair
- Children’s Art Festival
- Community Trivia Nights
- Friday Night Thunder Bike Nights
- Wine and Fine Arts Festival
- Rathbun Lake Summer Bash
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles